View Full Version : This made me go "Hmmmmmm"
01-13-2007, 01:35 PM
This is a little odd but it seemed remarkable enough that I will be including it in the ‘report’ that my Neurologist asked me to give him after using MMJ (officially) for one year. I am taking this report seriously as his biggest issue with MMJ is not it's use but the lack of research and testing data available.
(Please don’t laugh at me.)
I play Kyodai Mah Jong’s two-layered ‘Rivers’ game a lot. I installed an update on Dec 13 which reset the ‘Hall of Fame’ times.
From that time until yesterday (one month), the best three times that I had scored were 2:20, 2:19 and 2:14. (Remember, these are the best for an entire month.)
Anyway, after a few days without meds, I got my shipment of White Widow from my DG yesterday. I have medicated frequently in the intervening hours.
This morning, after waking and baking…and baking again, I have completed the two-level ‘Rivers’ game in 2:19, 2:14 and 1:58!!
That last time is an improvement of 8.375% over my best score in a month. (I think :o )
Now, I know that it’s only a game. Still, three times in one morning I have equaled or bested the best performances from the previous month. I have to give serious consideration to my medicine being responsible.
The game I mentioned requires good pattern recognition, hand/eye co-ordination and the ability to constantly think ahead of the task you are doing. I doubt that my times are remarkable in a global sense but the leap in efficiency is huge, IMO.
Anybody have any thoughts, comments or similar experiences?
01-13-2007, 01:45 PM
u have to think something is linked--u know how many people play video games and smoke--well i know of alot of them.lol
01-13-2007, 01:55 PM
i find the same results using marijuana when i sk8board and snowboard,,,
this drug seems to put me ''in the zone'' i am concentrating on my task better, and the relaxing effects allow me to ''FLOW'' when i ride,,,
i also find listening to music after smokeing marijuana and then riding is the best,,, i am even more ''in the zone''
it seems those ''9 out of 10 doctors'' who KEEP spouting LIES regarding pot,, are going on Myths when they open their yaps,,,
-marijuana does not cause cancer- infact it looks like it kills the cancerous cells,, go figure eh,,,
-marijuana does not make you ''tune out,drop out'' look at me,, i used right thru highschool then university,, graduated etc ,, and was high on pot the entire time,,, i was one of the best students in any of my classes, scored highest marks and was the only one who participated in class on a regular basis,,
i smoked pot everyday ,, all day,,, got great marks , 2 diplomas
so none of the old bullshit myths regarding pot should even be discussed untill those doctors and professors do the proper scientific testing to make conclusions on way or the other,,,
making assumptions based on nothing is ''in valid and non-reliable'' i took statistics as a course,, and there is no way anyone of these doctors over the last 50 years is following conduct and proper proceedures when they open their mouths and say pot makes you lazy or causes cancer,,,
who was the first retarded IDIOT to say pot causes cancer???? i blame him
who was the first jerkwad loozer to say marijuana makes users crazy??? the last one i recall was USA drug Czar- John''the liar''Walters ' on his cross canada trip of lies and myths and bullshit.
for some reason ALL these professionals had No PROBLEM stating marijuana did this or that negative,thing to us,,,,,, but now they want us to follow their doctrines of bullshit and do 50 years of double blind placebo controlled research testing,,, to prove it is a medication and can benefit us,,,
to me its al labout drug companies, lobbyists,corporations,politics,votes, power ,control, money
01-13-2007, 02:03 PM
^^^agreed with everything above 210%--thanks bobbyd:)
01-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Raton that kind of experience is part of why I find cannabis helpful for ADD. I think that cannabis helps one enter the brain state associated with letting the learned reflexs take over and the top down control of the brian gets reduced to a minimum. Often this state is refered to as The Zone. Since it is possible to detect the "The Zone" by monitoring brain activity, it would be very cool to do some studies on how cannabis effected this process. Both in novice users of cannabis and of long term users.
01-28-2007, 05:05 AM
While I have heard it debated on here on whether the pharmacutical companies give out too many pills; and even to the point of causing you to have to take more pills because of the pills you are taking, and then again another to help with the effects of the second pill and onward and upward it goes. I believe the doctors get unfairly blamed for this happening.
My original condition was such that I had to have the pill I was given in order to have mobility. Walking unaided is important to most people. Also, the pain of my muscles pulling and acting up was suicidially painful. The only pill that worked for me was one that had largely unknown side effects and bad known ones. I had a quality of life issue and my specialist ( a wonderful man by the way) prescribed this drug with full warning of not knowing what could happen (the reason being it is a Parkinson's drug that had only been used on elderly mostly and there existed no longituditional studies.) In other words, he respected me enough to let me decide my fate.
This drug is called Pergolide. Oh, by the way, my specialist told me they know now what to expect; Fribrosis of the Heart, Fibrosis of the Liver, and Fibrosis of the Lung.
(However, I have been one of the lucky ones). So, you see, taking this pill lead to me taking another (vomiting resulted from the brain and the drug interacting) etc. Soon this lead to another problem. You guessed it, another pill. And it goes on.
However, nothing fights pain and naseau as Cannabis, I have to say from experience.
I find it helpful not only for all of my conditions, but I believe that I am alive due to Marijuana. They gave me a 30% chance of survival and that translated into 'oh my god, 70% chance I would die!'
I recently had some surgery with precancer cells in my bladder. (I had previously a radical nephrectomy: talking out kidney, adrenal gland, sawing off ribs to do all this, part of my uretor and fat surrounding it as it had completely broken out of every capsule surrounding a precious organ.) This time it was caught in time because I insist on thorough medical care (even though I am a pain in the butt) and also because, I believe: I smoke Marijuana. (when I have it)
I believe that Cannabis somehow delays the progression of Cancer. I don't believe it is a cure, but it is the closest thing to it.
However, I keep digressing, and the original comment I made was that doctors unfairly are blamed for the pharmacutical companies. They didn't make the problem, the drug companies did it. What do you think? Who is to blame for the way things are in our Western Culture?
(I wish I knew how to use spell check on this, but sorry, I don't, so expect some errors) damn caps are hard to get to work right too...sticky...........
Your not nuts Raton
01-29-2007, 09:56 PM
i agree PF. while I recognize there are folks who benefit from using mj during school, just as they would benefit from anything that helps ADD or ADHD. I don't go as far as to say all students should smoke during school hours. I got wrecked a few times in high school and I can say that I absorbed nothing at all lol. i also couldn't smoke before football games or wrestling or shooting. yes shooting. we had a league that shot 22's and competed across ontario for medals. my how times have changed. back then we would have never thought of using those guns in an attack because we were properly coached and respected what we had.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.