View Full Version : Sealing walls
01-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Is there anything that can be used to treat the interior walls of a fellas place to eliminate mold and fungi from contaminating a grow area?
Is there some special "stuff" used in Stinky's den?
Clear Head C
01-17-2008, 11:57 PM
there is mold resistant paint avalible at most hardware stores, it's what I painted my room with
01-18-2008, 02:33 AM
I agree I used Killz or Kiltz and is made to cover mold and burn smells :eek: just use plenty of ventelation going outside
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM
i would recommend you first clean the walls and make sure there is no mold. then look for areas that may have water damage and fix those. then get the kilz and cover the walls with that.
01-22-2008, 09:00 AM
I have that issue on our walls in one of our bedrooms! what we did was to wash down the walls with a bleach base cleaner ther are some mold killer cleaners out there! then making sure it is totally dry! I use a paint that is called BIN it is like a primer that you can use a areas that have mold and or stain issue! Then after that is dry paint or wallpaper! So far one year later no mold has come back though!
Kilz Bin and bulls eye are all good. Kilz is alcohol base and shellac base for Bin and bulls eye.
Make sure the room is VERY WELL VENTILATED it is extremely stinky. Dries Quickly.
01-28-2008, 08:23 AM
These walls were previously painted with a latex based flat white.
Anyone use any of these sealers on existing painted surfaces?
01-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Kilz covers everything(though they probably all do), We used it to spray my attic after the fire and it eliminated the fire smell completely :eek:
01-29-2008, 05:54 AM
Yes someoneguy we have used it over other kinds of paint with no problems!
There is a relatively new product called concrobium, you can get it from DA Home dePOT. Either a spray bottle is used apply the microbes that will not allow mold to grow back as I think the eat it. In any case it makes it so mold acnt grow back. If your whole house (if one room is a big issue I would consider this) is infected with some sort of mold you can rent the fogger that they have for the same product from their rental department. I haven't used the fogger but it looks very well designed. It rents for I think 25 bucks a day and you can take it by the hour if you are doing a small area. I am pretty sure its all natural and I know that humans and pets are safe to go in not long afterwards without any worry. If you have the problem, clean the mold, then apply the spray or fog the place...
I was in a rental house that vented their dryer through a five foot room and then the garage. It was that fire hazard white stuff and it have become full of lint over the years. The lint would get wet and sit and get mouldy. Eventually it was backed up so much that the dryer was blowing the hose right off the back and thus the mold spread due to the air movement and moisture buildup in the room. The room that the hose first went through also was completely covered in mold as the hose had a few holes in it possibly from the previous tennants who were evicted... but either way nobody should use that kind of hose as its a known fire hazard, especially in a rental unit with whats known about mold and the damage it can cause to a persons health. Anyways we found out about the product while asking people what to do about it as bleach apparently just creates a great suface for mold to grow on...
I am not a fan of big box A merican retail but I dont know anywhere else that has the product.
I hope this helps.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.